Check out employment opportunities at SGBC below!
PART-TIME RETAIL & TAPROOM TEAM MEMBER
Sleeping Giant guests expect to be able to buy cool SGBC merchandise and do so in a clean, orderly, and friendly environment. Yes, this means folding shirts, dusting glasses, and cleaning up a beer spill or two. It also means having cool conversations about the products we carry, the beers we drink, and sometimes about the best places to go, and things to do in Thunder Bay.
The Part-Time Retail and Taproom Team Member is an energetic person who leads by example, sets the pace, assists where needed, and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Key Competencies Required:
- ability to work varied hours/days, including opening and closing of the store;
- ensuring high customer service standards by supporting retail/taproom associates during peak periods or when scheduling conflicts arise and picking up shifts as needed;
- knowledge of equipment and software including, but not limited to: Point of Sale (POS) programs, phone systems, spreadsheets, word processing, and inventory programs;
- able to perform physical work in a busy environment; and
- the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Part-Time Retail and Taproom Team Member is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the storefront and taproom, and making the guest experience a kickass one. This position reports to the Retail Store Manager.
General duties include:
- setting the pace on the retail floor;
- creating a positive team environment with all retail associates and working courteously and professionally with all vendors and co-workers;
- respecting all SGBC staff and understands that no one person is more important than another;
- ensuring that each guest receives outstanding service by providing a friendly, clean, and organized environment;
- maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge (both of retail products and SGBC beers), and all other components of customer service;
- a thirst for learning about the craft beer industry locally and beyond is a definite plus;
- ensuring appropriate merchandise stock levels, presentations, signage;
- processing information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system;
- balancing registers according to accounting and security procedures;
- bringing potentially systematic problems that require immediate action to the attention of the Retail Store Manager;
- providing friendly, knowledgeable brewery tours to visitors, guests and customers;
- servicing brewery events in a friendly and professional manner;
- demonstrating excellent craft beer and SGBC specific product knowledge when describing product features, serving, upselling or answering questions;
- accurately operating and balancing cash register;
- restocking retail items neatly and efficiently and keeping the taproom area (including the washrooms) stocked, clean and tidy;
- restocking the beer refrigerator as needed;
- bringing empty bottles back to the cleaning area;
- cleaning and distributing dispensing units;
- assembling gift baskets and executing upon a variety of promotions;
- supporting events when required;
- undertaking special projects, cleaning tasks per standard operating procedures and other related duties as assigned; and
- any other responsibilities as assigned by the Retail Store Manager.
Sleeping Giant Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and inclusion in our brewery. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process – just let us know with an email and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met. We appreciate your interest in the position and welcome your application. However, only those retained for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your availability.